Wednesday, November 2, 2022

Day 2: Feedback (with an audio sample!)

I dusted off the old guitar amp and aimed some mics at it: a large condensor and my trusty cardioid dynamic. I recorded a couple of tracks along with the drum track from yesterday, then some funky rhythm riff that could be its own song, and then some attempts to get some feedback that I can sprinkle around for color.

Here's some of that feedback...

It's kind of funny to just record ideas and then think about how to make them into a song later. I usually write first then record, but this is kind of a fun workflow. I'm kind of eager to start putting things together into songs, but I think I should wait until next week.


Okay I couldn't wait so here's a snippet of a song I think I'll start piecing together. I think I'll call it "Tree."

No comments:

Post a Comment

What this is all about:

This November I will record: "Exchange" by Disposable Time

  The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for it. - Henry David Thoreau   That's the first random quote I got from the ...

The Most Popular Posts: