Saturday, November 26, 2022

Day 26: Another good one

 Here's one of my "throwaway" ideas that became a pretty lovely song:

I've got some intonation issues: my electric guitar needs some tuning up! Also the fretless bass is a new kind of intonation challenge for me. But I still like this one even with those ear-bending moments.

I'm getting close to done!

Here's the plan:

- Saturday: Write lyrics for the songs that need it, do some mixing in the evening, play with song order.

- Sunday: Last vocals and drums where I need it.

- Monday: Final finishing tracks for everything are done.

- Tuesday: Have everything mixed the way I want, exported to WAV, and trimmed to the right start-stop points. Know the song order.

- Wednesday (last day!) Final mastering in my living room on those speakers since that's where I assume this will get the most play.

I think I've got this and I'm kind of excited. The quality is better than I'd expected.


No comments:

Post a Comment

What this is all about:

This November I will record: "Exchange" by Disposable Time

  The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for it. - Henry David Thoreau   That's the first random quote I got from the ...

The Most Popular Posts: